Today I planned on road tripping with my husband, eating In-N-Out, visiting family, and driving through the back roads of Texas. However, my brain decided to get a massive migraine instead. Nothing has tasted good to me today, except for these Parmesan black pepper chips. Not only are they low-carb, they are also high in protein and good fats. When sprinkled with a bit of black pepper and crisped in the oven for a few minutes, they get caramelized and crunchy. A few of my favorite ways to eat them are:
1. Croutons in a kale caesar salad
2. Dip chip for guacamole or queso
3. Edible bowl for taco salads
Or, you can just eat them as a salty alternative to potato chips and hang out watching Netflix all day in your pajamas.
Black Pepper Parmesan ChipsOn a parchment-lined baking sheet, place 2-inch rounds of shredded fresh Parmesan cheese. You can either shred it in large shards or finely shred it. It will crisp up exactly the same. Sprinkle with freshly ground cracked black pepper.
Fresh Parmesan is extremely salty, but when it crisps up in the oven it loses most of its saltiness and becomes smoky and buttery instead. With the addition of cracked black pepper, they are a perfect balance of salty, crispy, and slightly spiced.
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees
2. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper
3. Stack shredded Parmesan in two-inch rounds
4. Sprinkle with freshly cracked black pepper
5. Bake for 6-8 minutes, until golden and crisp
6. Let cool for 5 minutes before eating